Yellow, Black and White Obsessed

2012-08-19 Not Dressed As Lamb 001

2012-08-19 Not Dressed As Lamb 003

2012-08-19 Not Dressed As Lamb 004

2012-08-19 Not Dressed As Lamb 002

I love this look, simply because I’m having a yellow, black and white thing at the moment. I’ve been toying with the idea of changing our bedroom colours recently, and without realising all the decor images I’ve Pinned have all pretty much been this colour scheme. And now it’s rubbing off onto me and into my wardrobe it seems.

Though I wonder how Mr. Summers would feel about the touches of pink…? I know I promised never to introduce pink into the home (though I’m allowed to have pink flowers in the garden, that was the deal), but it does look so nice with the yellow.

Hmmm how can I get round this one… I know – I’ll ask while he’s watching the football. He’ll say yes to anything then šŸ˜‰

Cardigan: Henry Holland at Debenhams, Tank: F+F at Tesco, Chinos: Marks & Spencer, Wedges: Faith (old), Scarf: Unknown, Sunglasses: Red Herring at Debenhams, Brooch: Topshop, Belt: ASOS, Bracelets L-R: Debenhams / Debenhams / Next / Debenhams, Watches: Debenhams, Rings: Boots / New Look, Toenails: Essie Turquoise & Caicos

Linking up to: What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy, What I Wore Wednesday at Transatlantic Blonde

Shop my look!

P.S. I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all the love you guys have shown me towards the new blog design – I couldn’t be happier that you love it as much as me! Your comments have been wonderful, I really appreciate them! Thank you thank you!! :)))))

1. September 5, 2012 / 11:39 am

Wondrous pants, and yes – lovely with the yellow, pink, and bits of turquoise.

Great strategic thinking as well! šŸ™‚

2. September 5, 2012 / 11:45 am

Love your pants your much they are gorgeous, and love how they match with yellow šŸ™‚
    Andrea in Fashion

3. September 5, 2012 / 12:10 pm

I love it. All of it.

4. September 5, 2012 / 1:26 pm

I love how you introduced the pink – wonderful!

5. September 5, 2012 / 3:21 pm

Hehehe brilliant time to approach asking mr.summers. At least the football is handy for something! Love this colour scheme and especially with the clashing prints! The splashes of pink look great and I love how you kept the shoes neutral, very chic! šŸ™‚

Take care, Daniella xox

6. September 5, 2012 / 3:42 pm

I love the pop of pink on your wrist and in the scarf. Very pretty.
    I managed to actually slip a pink leather sectional into our family room 20 years ago! What was I thinking?

7. September 5, 2012 / 4:17 pm

I love what you have done. It ust be catching – my post is yellow and black and white today too.

8. September 5, 2012 / 4:27 pm

So funny, I'm also having a thing for black, white and yellow these days! Your chinos are fabulous, just the right amount of black for the yellow and pink to shine. The Topshop brooch is really beautiful.

If you took photos of your garden – the pink roses in particular, and had them framed, you could hang them on the bedroom wall. Then pink would be introduced very subtly, maybe even unnoticed? After that, having lived with pink for a while, there's no reason not to add a bit more, since is clearly doesn't harm anyone!

• September 7, 2012 / 5:02 pm

Haha I think a lot of us are proving ourselves to be so sneaky where interior decor and our other halves are concerned, Kaffe! I like your idea, sweetie ;))

9. September 5, 2012 / 5:31 pm

Coming over from the Pleated Poppy. Why am I just now finding your blog!!?? I am not a twenty something blogger either! So excited to find another one of us!! šŸ˜‰ You have amazing style and I LOVE these pants. Look forward to seeing and reading more! New reader!

10. September 5, 2012 / 6:29 pm

Genius combination – you look fab! Oh and can't remember if I commented on the new design but just in case I didn't, it's brilliant – loving the font and the colours. Really fresh and stylish! Avril x

11. September 5, 2012 / 8:59 pm

Loving the fun pattern mixing!

12. September 5, 2012 / 9:19 pm

Hahaha! You are a wise wife, Catherine! Although you probably are talking about soccer, my husband loves American football and I find him more "pliable" when he's watching his favorite team in action. I too love that color combo. I'm sure that you could bring in touches of pink in some subtle ways.

This outfit is so lovely -love the mix of patterns and hues. I have yet to venture far into the trend of patterned pants. I'm afraid they wouldn't flatter my "wobbly bits"! They do, however, look really flattering on you!!! ~Sarah

13. September 5, 2012 / 9:33 pm

I love everything about this look, but particularly the eye brooch on your scarf. Too cool!

14. September 5, 2012 / 10:30 pm

I love the broach pinned just right there, keeping an eye on the world…

15. September 5, 2012 / 11:55 pm

Your photos are amazing! And this outfit is great. I love how you mix patterns and bright colors and bold jewelry.

Stopping by from WIWW.

16. September 6, 2012 / 2:50 am

I love the pop of pink! Perfect with the other colors. And the photography here is just beautiful!:)

17. September 6, 2012 / 3:11 am

you always come up with the best oufits! I want to go out and buy pieces just like these so I can replicate the outfit.

18. September 6, 2012 / 1:23 pm

That brooch on your scarf is fantastic! And of course the printed pants are lovely.

<3 Cambria

19. September 6, 2012 / 1:24 pm

Those printed trousers are amazing! You look great, and I adore the edgy jewellery (brooch) that you paired with the outfit. Hope you're having a lovely week. -xo /Madison

20. September 6, 2012 / 2:16 pm

I like the mixing of color, and prints, suits you very much.

21. September 6, 2012 / 4:14 pm

Hello! I discovered your blog this week via another bloag but i can't remember which…

Would you willing to share the name of your hair colour? (if it has one) I love it! Please!

• September 7, 2012 / 5:57 pm

Hey Becky, I actually get my hair coloured at the hairdressers, but in between I touch up the roots with L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss in Berry Red 565. I can't get my hair as red as I want with just a semi permanent colour, and I'm also VERY grey so that's why I get it done at the salon(!). But it also looks more red or more brown depending on the light in the photos?! Anyway – hope you're able to get it, wherever you are! xo

22. September 7, 2012 / 8:53 am

Just do it & when he comments just say that he wasn't paying attention – that works a treat for me ha ha

You are the master of colour & print, your outfits are always so fun xo