Lesser-Spotted Bohemian Chic

2012-08-25 Not Dressed As Lamb 001

2012-08-25 Not Dressed As Lamb 002

2012-08-25 Not Dressed As Lamb 003

2012-08-25 Not Dressed As Lamb 004

Bohemian chic is not a look I normally go for, but it’s often the most practical and obvious choice on hot summer days: cotton maxi skirt, sleeveless tank… job done. And trying to avoid the infamous Lady Diana backlit-skirt shot was not easy when taking these photos, but the best lighting for that evening was definitely the sun being behind me. It was sooo pretty filtering through the trees…. when we get hot days in Blighty, the countryside is really quite beautiful.

So the UK’s long weekend is long over (boo), but here’s to a great week to you all :))

CATHERINE Signature - SMALL

Tank: Topshop (old), Waistcoat: La Redoute, Skirt: Debenhams, Wedges: Dune, Bag: Betty Jackson.Black at Debenhams, Belt: Unknown, Sunglasses: ASOS, Necklace: Unknown, Bracelets L-R: Debenhams / H&M / ASOS / ASOS / H&M, Watch: Debenhams, Rings Top to bottom: ASOS / H&M / Debenhams, Nails: Boots No.7 Union Blue

Shop my look!

Linking up to:

What I Wore Wednesday at the Pleated Poppy

(I’m currently on a blog sabbatical till the beginning of September and all posts are scheduled. Still here to reply and comment, however 🙂

1. August 28, 2012 / 11:37 am

when i am wearing a maxi i always check to see if i am sporting the "diana" look as well.
    great summer look
    brett

2. August 28, 2012 / 1:18 pm

I love and adore everything about this Bohemian-chic look!!! The colours, the proportions and the accessories are and look stunning! I especially adore your skirt, the length and print is so chic 🙂

Take care, Daniella xox

3. August 28, 2012 / 1:23 pm

Totally love this look on you – a departure from other posts but you can so rock it! Avril x

4. August 28, 2012 / 3:40 pm

You do this look very well, Catherine, be it your favorite or not! Lovely skirt and gorgeous photos. xoxoxo – Patti

5. August 28, 2012 / 3:51 pm

You look so pretty! I lean towards boho when it's hot too. OK, I kind of lean towards it when it's cold as well, but not as much. 🙂

I've never mastered bracelet stacking, though. I'm kind of jealous.

Jenn

6. August 28, 2012 / 4:25 pm

Boho chic has got to be one of my favorite style trends and this look is no exception! Love everything especially that super cute lightning bolt rig. Would you like to follow each other on BL & GFC by any chance? 🙂

Gazillionth Thought Bubble

7. August 28, 2012 / 5:39 pm

Love how pulled together this look is even if its boho.

Adore your blog! Following you now on Google Connect. Hope you can share the love back by visiting my blog and following too.

Much love from Canada~
    KD

8. August 28, 2012 / 7:08 pm

No conocia tu blog!! pero desde hoy te sigo;) espero que te pases por mamaartista.blogspot.com y si te gusta, me sigas tambíen. ¿Qué te parece? un saludo y enorabuena por el blog:)

9. August 29, 2012 / 1:57 am

Wonderful how you manage to be elegant even in boho chic. Your hands are amazing – love your rings, bracelets, and that blue polish!

I have great affection for the Lady Diana backlit skirt – I was so outraged by the condemnation heaped on her that, for many years, I eschewed slips altogether in solidarity. 🙂

10. August 29, 2012 / 3:56 am

Love the blue nails! 🙂 Your blog is awesome-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!!

Elle xoxo

11. August 29, 2012 / 9:34 am

Love hippie chic look! You are always immaculate with you styling.. simply beautiful!

KISSES FROM :
    A SMALL BLOG WITH A BIG HEART!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY (where fashion and food collide!)

12. August 29, 2012 / 3:01 pm

Catherine, that bohemian style looks amazing on you!
    Your blog is amazing! Love your style! You have a new follower!
    Hope you will visit my blog and follow me back on Bloglovin'
    Big hugs!

Inés
    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

13. August 29, 2012 / 4:16 pm

Aren't boho skirts just the most fun thing to wear? Your lighting is gorgeous in these pics!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

14. August 29, 2012 / 6:20 pm

I adore bohemian chic – great outfit!

15. August 30, 2012 / 9:56 am

I always thought Diana had great legs, and failed to see the problem! Your outfit is lovely and relaxed, and the weather, as you say, is just fantastic!

16. August 30, 2012 / 3:50 pm

love this look on you. Boho suits you,a lot! that skirt is dreamy and so my cup of tea. And as always your photos are inspiring! xx

17. August 31, 2012 / 2:50 am

That shirt is so pretty! I love the print and the slight sheerness.