Swallows but no Amazonian

2012-07-29 Not Dressed As Lamb 001

2012-07-29 Not Dressed As Lamb 002

2012-07-29 Not Dressed As Lamb 006

2012-07-29 Not Dressed As Lamb 004

2012-07-29 Not Dressed As Lamb 005

2012-07-29 Not Dressed As Lamb 007

… because I am above average height (5’7″), but Amazonian only when wearing 5″ platform heels. And there are swallows on my top. Score!

This top was picked up from my fave supermarket clothing section (they truly have some little gems for next-to-nothing) – it worked perfectly with my neon-trimmed ASOS blazer and floral scarf. I haven’t done any pattern mixing for a little while, so I threw in my ready-made pattern-mixed scarf (stripes and florals) with the swallows… so that’s actually three patterns in all.

And I’m finally getting more adventurous with my nails – I knew all that Pinning would pay off eventually.

Are you all well and having a wonderful weekend I hope? Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blazer: ASOS, Top: F+F at Tesco, Jeans: Miss Sixty, Wedges: Levi’s, Scarf: F+F at Tesco, Bracelets: New Look / Debenhams, Watch: Jasper Conran at Debenhams, Rings: ASOS / ASOS, Nails: Rimmel Camouflage Chic similar / Nails Inc Black Taxi

Linking up to:

Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style
Monday Mingle at Glamamom
What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy
Trend of the Month: Pattern Mixing at Marionberry Style

1. July 29, 2012 / 2:48 pm

Ahh – I cannot believe you found that pretty blouse at the supermarket! How do you do it?? Lovely look, Catherine.

2. July 29, 2012 / 7:09 pm

I love this outfit! Your swallow top is so pretty and I love how clasehed prints by teaming it with that gorgeous scarf. I also love your nails, inspired 🙂

Take care, Daniella xox

3. July 29, 2012 / 10:58 pm

Girl, you are a natural with the nail art! Bravo!!! I feel the same way about Pinterest… There's so much pinning to do that I forget to turn my pin board inspiration into an actual reality 😉 Teehee. Looking lovely as always… Have a wonderful week!

xoxo, Blair

4. July 29, 2012 / 11:21 pm

your outfit is awesome but those nails are even more awesome. I hope you have a wonderful week!

5. July 30, 2012 / 12:31 am

You look fabulous in those jeans. I can't believe you're 40 with that bod!

Sound of Chic – Classic style set to an indie soundtrack

6. July 30, 2012 / 6:01 am

Love this top– perfect with the lovely green accent.

xoxo
    Remy
    mydailythreads.blogspot.com

7. July 30, 2012 / 6:03 am

You should've heard me when I was reading this post/surveying your outfit. It was something like, "Ooh, that's really cute! …ooh, that's cute too! Oh my gosh, her nails…" This is definitely an A+ outfit. 🙂

Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

8. July 30, 2012 / 7:46 am

A nice outfit and delicate. Soft and beautiful tones. The jacket and shirt are great. Nails are a work of art.

9. July 30, 2012 / 8:59 am

Beautiful scarf. You would fit right in if you visited Paris.

10. July 30, 2012 / 10:47 am

Congratulations on finding that cute top! It works so well with the scarf, I love it! The wedges are great! You must have an incredibly steady hand to do those nails?! I looks fantastic!

11. July 30, 2012 / 11:43 am

Love the outfit and your nails are amazing!
    Stopping in from Monday Mingle.

12. July 30, 2012 / 3:44 pm

entire outfit looks GREAT…love those wedges and your nails are to die for…I am always jealous of fabulous nails…but mine chip within the DAY I get them done, so it just never seems worth it. Sigh.
    C

13. July 30, 2012 / 5:26 pm

Love the mix and your nails are FAB!

14. July 30, 2012 / 9:21 pm

I love how relaxed this outfit is w the gray soft blazer and denims…but how the top keeps it feminine and fun.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

15. July 31, 2012 / 3:25 am

The heels don't look that tall! It's a cute outfit, but the mani is my favorite detail.

16. July 31, 2012 / 7:48 pm

Love the swallow top! So pretty. I love everything about this look, but especially the nails! Very, very cool!

17. August 1, 2012 / 1:11 am

Haha, yes! Pinning inspires me too! Love the nails and you mix patterns well:)

Aesthetic Lounge

18. August 1, 2012 / 5:10 am

I love everything about this outfit! This printed top is so unique. 🙂

-Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

19. August 1, 2012 / 2:26 pm

That blazer is so unbelievably awesome! I just adore it! Love the pattern mixing between the scarf and the top…so fun! And those shoes are amazing!

20. August 1, 2012 / 6:58 pm

That shirt was a find, and I love your nails. Were they hard to do? I tend to struggle on doing my own french manicure. I might have to give it a try.

Carrie

• August 1, 2012 / 8:40 pm

Thanks Carrie… I have improved big time with french manicures, but that's only through a lot of practice! My best tips are:
      1. Load just the right amount of polish onto the brush – I can't tell you how much, that's just trial and error (sorry)
      2. When painting the tip, don't try to paint the line in one go straight across. Start from the outside of the nail and paint to the middle, then quickly reload the brush with polish and paint from the other outer side of the nail to meet the polish in the middle and it should blend in… I hope that makes sense.
      Basically – practice makes perfect! xoxo