Stumbling upon the pyjamas trend

The pyjamas trend was not one I ever had any intention of embracing. I have seen some lovely takes on it (like Keiko Lynn’s or this one on my Pinterest board for example), but it was a noooo, daytime PJs: not for me, thank you.

So what did I do? I got a craving to wear my baggy floral pants – another item out of winter hibernation – and a light top that I could layer under my long, wear-it-10-ways cardigan (it’s still cold and rainy here). The most suitable top to hand (that was ironed) was my thrifted “old lady blouse”, and I thought the blue floral would work well with the purple: an outfit warm enough to wrap around me yet having enough layers to peel off if the sun decided to make an appearance.

But once dressed and rushing to leave for work, I looked in the mirror and thought OMG… I’m wearing pyjamas. If I changed I’d be late – so I kept it on and thought I’d just wrap the cardigan around me and remove the blouse. Ironically, the office was really warm for a change so the blouse stayed on and the cardigan didn’t. You know what? I really loved it in the end. It may not be the most figure-flattering outfit, but hey! it’s colourful, comfy, and gives me a reason to wear my favourite pair of heels. That kind of dressing makes me happy – I guess that’s what it’s all about πŸ˜‰

I hope you’re all having a great week… I’m quite chipper because we’re going to the cinema tomorrow to see some little movie called “Avengers Assemble” or something [squeeeeeals with excitement]!!!

Cardigan: Ted Baker available in plum, Blouse: Vintage eBay similar save similar splurge, Trousers: ASOS similar, Heels: French Connection, Necklace: Debenhams, Bracelets L-R: ASOS / H&M, Watches L-R: Debenhams / Debenhams / Gift, Rings: all H&M, Nails: all Barry M, Bright Purple NP303 (on tips) / Pink Iridescent NP 264 / Blue Moon NP317 (on ring fingers)

Linking up to:

What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy
Thrifters Anonymous at Color Blind
Thursdays are for Thrifters at Brass in Pocket

1. April 25, 2012 / 3:08 pm

wow, the blue of that cartigan… lovely.

2. April 25, 2012 / 3:14 pm

I do not know where to begin in expressing how much i love this look!!! Pyjama-chic styled perfectly!! Love the purple floral trousers and how it looks with the floral shirt,this is how to clash! The piled up accessories and the polished nails makes such a beautiful statement and those shoes are just amazing! πŸ™‚

Take care,Daniella xox

3. April 25, 2012 / 5:10 pm

The pyjama look is not my cup of coffee either but you somehow saved the outfit i think by the shoes.They give it a more formal look and add some height .But what I like most in this outfit is the blouse and the nice patterns and colors of it.

• April 25, 2012 / 10:43 pm

I agree with you about the shoes, Angie – I think (on me, at least) flats wouldn't have been a good look…! Thanks Angie xoxo

4. April 25, 2012 / 7:33 pm

Somehow you manage to pull off every trend fabulously!

5. April 25, 2012 / 8:15 pm

Fabulous outfit! Great colours and prints, fantastic shoes and perfect jewellery. I can't imagine myself wearing anything pyjama like, so far. I love it on others, but I think my hourglass shape is wrong for it. I'd love to see more outfits with that cardigan!

• April 25, 2012 / 10:56 pm

It's funny – I wore the cardigan to death last winter, but this winter has been so mild I've only worn it a few times. I was kinda hoping not to have to wear it anymore till later in the year, but who knows with the British weather?!! Thanks K for your lovely comments! C xo

6. April 26, 2012 / 4:03 am

You know, I wasn't quite too sure about this one when I saw the thumbnail in my blog reader list. But when I took a closer look I really liked it! It's so fresh and light weight looking. Might be a perfect outfit for a lunch or garden party. Nice job! Must be comfortable too. Did you wear it to bed?

7. April 26, 2012 / 6:29 am

The pj trend really works for you, those prints pants have such a lovely and pretty print! (I've been too worried to wear the pj trend, I'm so short I'm worried it would look sloppy.)

8. April 26, 2012 / 4:16 pm

Those are really cool pajamas! I have yet to try the trend because I haven't found the perfect pair. But I love how you wore them here. and I love love those shoes~

• April 27, 2012 / 4:39 pm

Thank you sweetie…! Although I'm not wearing actual PJs it shows you can pull off the trend with the right style tops and bottoms! c x

9. April 26, 2012 / 6:38 pm

your style is amazing!
    i think we should follow each other on GFC and bloglovin'! so you now have a new follower! (No 91 on bloglovin')
    keep up the good work my dear!
    can't wait to hearing from you!

10. April 27, 2012 / 5:11 am

I think this is one of my favorite outfits of yours! Normally I don't like pajama outfits, but I like this one because it doesn't look TOO casual. Also, that beautiful cardigan adds a touch of elegance.

11. April 27, 2012 / 10:16 am

A) Love the colour combination
    B) I like that blouse even more now that you've called it the "old lady blouse"
    C) Your hair is such a beautiful colour
    D) I can't wait to see the Avengers too

I could go on, but I won't.

Have a great weekend

12. April 27, 2012 / 1:07 pm

Love this print and print pairing. It looks so relaxed which you finished with a vibrant blue cardigan!

IΒ΄m your newest follower too. πŸ™‚

13. April 27, 2012 / 1:15 pm

I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I am following you now,if you can nor find me on your follower list,please,leave comment on my "Quick post"where I wrote about that problem I have with blogger,and as soon as they fix it,I will follow you.I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it πŸ™‚ have a nice day

14. April 27, 2012 / 3:03 pm

I love your perfect LAYERING and pattern mixing.
    Have a lovely weekend.

15. April 27, 2012 / 6:03 pm

Oh Catherine you look so preeeeeeeetty!!!!!!!!

16. April 29, 2012 / 10:14 pm

Sorry I haven't stopped by here in a few days, but I'm so glad I just did because…ahem… I want every. single. piece. of this outfit!!!! Really smart move to mix big and little floral print, and the cardi brings it all together wonderfully!

17. April 30, 2012 / 10:27 pm

I don't know if this pajama thing would look good on me, but I might be able to find one or two at the rummage sale this Friday and I want to try it. hahaha… I am not so sure! hehehehe.. it looks good on you and it works! I love that cardi! πŸ™‚

18. May 1, 2012 / 2:20 pm

Not dressed as a lamb indeed πŸ˜‰ More like a fierce lion πŸ™‚ Loving your unintended PJ look.