Lily the pink

Photos by: Me. I’m very proud – self portraits at last…!

It’s my favourite vintage 80s blouse again – I’ve been wearing so much blue and burgundy lately that I’ve come out in pink spots 😉

These photos were taken with the ring flash I got for Christmas last year from Mr. Summers… I love the flattering (i.e. wrinkle-disguising) light it gives. When I was doing my photography degree 20 [wince] years ago and desperate to be the next Richard Avedon, I longed to own a ring flash! The composition of the first photo is not perfect (in my eyes) but that’s what comes of insisting I take at least some pictures on my blog and not being able to see through the viewfinder; I so envy Mr. Summers taking most of my pictures – it’s frustrating not being behind the camera. So please bear with me while I get to grips with self portraits! These indoor shots I’m forced to take in the winter are encouraging me to get creative and I hope you like the results, with luck they will only get better (outfits and photos).

I’m also tickled pink (puns! puns! everywhere!) to announce that I’m the Thrifters Anonymous of the Week this week over at Shana and Adam’s Color Blind blog… Thank you guys so much!!!

Blouse: Vintage eBay
Sweater: Unknown (old)
Skirt: Warehouse (also old)
Belt: Free with trousers
Heels: Debenhams
Brooch: Accessorize still available in ivory
Bracelet: H&M
Gold ring: Topshop
Watch: J Jeans by Jasper Conran
Bag: Fiorelli (also also old)
Lips: Barry M Shocking Pink

Linking up to:

Meet Virginia Design:
Meet Virginia Design

Color Blind

Thrifters Anonymous

Cute and Little (Please click through and vote for me!)

The Pleated Poppy
pleated poppy

Rae Gun Ramblings

1. December 6, 2011 / 6:04 pm

these are such rad photos! YAY! I love the outfit.

2. December 6, 2011 / 7:15 pm

Wow, this outfit is gorgeous. Can't believe I only found your fab blog today but fast becoming a big fan. Excellent job on the photos, pat pat on the back for you. I am awful at taking my own pics!

3. December 6, 2011 / 7:52 pm

Beautiful overall look…I love the way you styled it with the flower pin at the neck!!

4. December 6, 2011 / 9:48 pm

Fabulous brooch, love it with the polka dot blouse.

5. December 6, 2011 / 10:34 pm

Found your blog through Pinterest the other day and I've been really enjoying looking through it! You have such a fantastic style.

6. December 6, 2011 / 10:44 pm

I love how the sleeves of your blouse pouf out under the sweater – I'll have to try that sometime!

7. December 7, 2011 / 10:22 am

work it! you look fabulous. the pink is perfection on you. amazing post, love. thanks for sharing. if you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my latest trend report and enter my giveaway. xo

8. December 7, 2011 / 4:45 pm

How funny! I wore a raspberry/hot pink top just yesterday. You look radiant in that color and I'm loving your lip color.

I have been experimenting with self-portraits as well. It can be frustrating at time, but it gets a little bit easier with every shoot.

9. December 7, 2011 / 10:49 pm

I adore this outfit I'd never have thought to put it together in this way but I love the result off to pin it for inspiration I'd love you to add this to my what we wore and made party over at

10. December 12, 2011 / 5:28 pm

You seriously look stunning in these pictures…and I love that blouse, I am sucker for vintage blouses…I have a whole closet full! and your lipstick…love! Thank you for linking up!