It's time for another post in my series of featured fashion bloggers - today I'm featuring fashion bloggers with a really unique sense of style!
Bloggers that don't look like "typical" fashion bloggers are, in my eyes, always a refreshing change from the countless generic bloggers you see filling Instagram these days. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely to see minimalist, chic looks in neutral colours with the obligatory loose beachy waves and long, tanned legs, but when you see one after another after another...
When that is all you see (I'm looking at you, rewardStyle and your "Spotlight On" feature), you find yourself craving quirky. Or kooky. Or loud. Or bold. Or colourful. Or anything that's different to leggy, tanned 20-somethings making their way round Coachella in cut-off jeans and fringed everything.
YOU FIND YOURSELF CRAVING QUIRKY. OR KOOKY. OR LOUD. OR BOLD. OR COLOURFUL. OR ANYTHING THAT'S DIFFERENT TO LEGGY, TANNED 20-SOMETHINGS MAKING THEIR WAY ROUND COACHELLA IN CUT-OFF JEANS AND FRINGED EVERYTHING.
So I've picked out bloggers whose style I admire greatly for their ability to step out of that tanned, minimalist, sleek box and just have fun with what they wear - and show off a huge amount of creativity and individuality. They don't look like anyone else. They just look like, and dress for, themselves.
They're true style bloggers rather than fashion bloggers; fashion bloggers are often ten-a-penny and all much of a muchness. So if you're tiring of that generic fashion blogger "look" that's all over Instagram then get yourself comfy, make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy these ladies and their originality.
HAVE YOU FOUND ANY NEW-TO-YOU BLOGGERS THAT YOU'RE NOW OBSESSING OVER? (I HOPE YOU HAVE!) TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS OR TWEET ME @NOTLAMB!
Image credit above: Keiko Lynn | Top image, L-R: I'm a Norbyah | Delightfully Tacky | Lella Victoria | Bag and a Beret | B. Jones Style
1. Kelsey (and Jake) - Kelsey BangYou can't really mention Kelsey without mentioning her husband Jake as well - the blog may be called Kelsey Bang but it's just as much about his style as it is about hers. With their adorable, static poses and stunning locations and photography, the blog is as much a visual feast as it is about their quirky style. Kelsey is often in bold midi skirts, bright colours and pattern, then throws in some retro vibes and hippy touches every now and then. Guys can't go wrong picking up a few style tips from Jake's fantastic style either.
Follow Kelsey on Instagram: @kelseybang
2. Melanie - Bag and a BeretMelanie is loud, bold and unapologetically having fun with what she wears. Sporting some of the funkiest, craziest ensembles the blogosphere has ever seen, she revels in flares, pattern clashing, floor length coats and the brightest faux furs. When someone's having that much fun then I'm 100% in.
Follow Melanie on Instagram: @bagandaberet
3. Kristabel - I Want You to KnowKristabel's style is pretty eclectic so it's hard to pigeon-hole her style (always a good thing in my eyes). With interesting patterns, pretty colours and a few funky touches as well as feminine dresses, she's always one to surprise in a really good way.
Follow Kristabel on Instagram: @iamkristabel
4. Daniella - Lella VictoriaI've mentioned Daniella and her incredible style a few times before - her way with layering and textures is like nothing I've ever seen. For someone so pretty, blonde and petite, she goes against everything she's "supposed" to wear and goes for masculine chic looks and ensembles that really shouldn't work, but just do. She's the very definition of individual style - Daniella dresses like absolutely no one else.
Follow Daniella on Instagram: @lellavictoria
5. Keiko - Keiko LynnOne of the (what I call) "old school" fashion bloggers, Keiko's style has always been quirky and a little bit retro. With a lot of vintage and quite a bit of cutesy, she's managed to maintain her bubblegum eccentricity in an online world obsessed by monochrome, copper and marble backgrounds.
Follow Keiko on Instagram: @keikolynn
6. Sacramento - Mis PapelicosA list of bloggers with a unique sense of style wouldn't be complete without Sacramento - there's no one that rocks thrifted skirts and dresses in wild colours and patterns like she does. She'll always add some interesting (and often DIYed) accessories or jewellery, style up a man's shirt or wear a blouse backwards. I love being surprised and delighted by her style every time.
Follow Sacramento on Instagram: @mispapelicos
7. Elizabeth - Delightfully TackyLike Keiko, Elizabeth is one of the old school bloggers and still maintains her unique sense of style after many years of fashion blogging. Apart from a penchant for vintage, there's no real way to describe her style - but that's what I love about her. With the wildest untamed curls (that were, until recently, tipped in bright green) and a huge sense of fun that comes out in her beautiful photography, she's been (and will remain) one of my favourites for ages.
Follow Elizabeth on Instagram: @liz.morrow
8. Norbyah - I'm a NorbyahI only discovered Norbyah last year after starting the #iwillwearwhatilike campaign - and discovering that she too has an affinity for women who throw caution to the wind and wear whatever they damn well like. An expert at tied head scarves and midi skirts, her style has more than a few retro vibes but is always fun and funky - and very wearable.
Follow Norbyah on Instagram: @imanorbyah
9. Beth - B. Jones StyleLast but not least: Beth, who goes against all those Californian girl clichés and shows off her expertise at wearing head-to-toe thrifted and vintage outfits on a daily basis. She's one of the most eclectic dressers ever (this is totally how I wish I dressed) and one of the first bloggers I ever followed. She had a short hiatus from posting her outfits last year but she seems to be back and better than ever.
Follow Beth on Instagram: @bjonesstyle
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ
Linking up to: Style Stories, iwillwearwhatilike, Visible Monday, Shoe and Tell, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Turning Heads Tuesday, Trend Spin Link-Up, What I Wore Wednesday, Brilliant Blog Posts, Throwback Thursday, My Refined Style, Passion for Fashion Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites, Fun Fashion Friday