It's time for another post in my series of featured fashion bloggers - today I'm all over workwear with office chic fashion bloggers!
Although I don't any more, I did work in an office for many, many years and enjoyed the challenge of dressing 'properly' every day. Of course now I'm working from home I can get away with jeans and sweatshirts - I somewhat miss dressing up that much now! The dress code at my old office was incredibly relaxed - as we didn't meet the public or clients (not often, anyway) we could get away with wearing almost anything, as long as we avoided the aforementioned slouchy combo.
I may not need to dress for the office anymore, but I still like to take inspiration from bloggers who are absolutely nailing workwear - in this post I've featured some bloggers whose niche is office chic, and others that wear all sorts but either feature workwear regularly, or simply have a style that would be suited to an office environment.
Many of the featured outfits would be perfect for corporate environments and others are more appropriate for creative workplaces - but with the odd tweak here and there I'm sure there'll be a ton of inspiration for you if you need to amp up your office wardrobe.
SOME OUTFITS WOULD BE PERFECT FOR CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTS AND OTHERS ARE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR CREATIVE WORKPLACES - BUT WITH THE ODD TWEAK HERE AND THERE I'M SURE THERE'LL BE A TON OF INSPIRATION FOR YOU.
Whether you work in an office or not, I can guarantee you'll still love the amazing style of these lovely ladies - let me know your thoughts!
HAVE YOU FOUND ANY NEW-TO-YOU BLOGGERS THAT YOU'RE NOW OBSESSING OVER? (I HOPE YOU HAVE!) TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS OR TWEET ME @NOTLAMB!
Image credit above: Sed Bona | Top image, L-R: Mama in Heels | Memorandum | Corporate Catwalk | Tanesha Awasthi | Style Pantry
1. Mary - MemorandumI probably could have made the whole post about Mary's wardrobe - she's the Queen of Office Chic. She even has categories on her blog for styles for different office types (conservative, creative and casual), as well as interview attire, day-to-night and special occasion. Phew. The pieces she wears are high quality and she favours a lot of tailoring, though she's not afraid to wear florals and soft pinks, making them look as office appropriate as a sharp suit. Her blog is the No.1 stop for workwear inspiration.
Follow Mary on Instagram: @maryorton
2. Olivia - Corporate CatwalkAnother blog that does what it says on the tin, Olivia features a ton of sharp, dressy looks based around a muted palette of black, white, cream and navy. She has a great eye for detail and her outfits are subtly but beautifully accessorised with killer heels, fabulous totes and neck scarves or ties.
Follow Olivia on Instagram: @corporatecatwalk
3. Tanesha - Tanesha AwasthiTanesha's style is a little less formal but still super smart and office-worthy. She doesn't favour trousers over skirts or vice-versa - she looks as gorgeous in a patterned shift dress as she does in a full 50s skirt or a smart-blouse-and-pants combo. You'll find a ton of layering inspiration and Dress Down Friday ideas in her outfit posts.
Follow Tanesha on Instagram: @taneshaawasthi
4. Anh - 9 to 5 ChicAnh is one of the first bloggers I can remember following, not least because the name of her blog meant I knew I was going to get lots of ideas for what to wear to work. She favours soft tailoring and smart casual looks in neutrals, soft blush colours and black styled in a very classy, effortless way.
Follow Anh on Instagram: @9to5chic
5. Folake - Style PantryIf you want to wear a riot of colour to the office, then you have to follow Folake and her incredible style. She takes typically conservative combinations of blouses and pencil skirts and translates them into an explosion of colour and pattern - sunshine yellow and emerald green or tangerine orange and teal are typical colour combinations. Plus she has the most banging body I've ever seen - that tiny waist is a sight to behold.
Follow Folake on Instagram: @stylepantry
6. Janise - Mama in HeelsJanise has a knack of wearing office appropriate outfits and making them look very soft and feminine. She's quite a classic dresser but always throws in some interesting textures, patterns or colours into the mix. A great blog for everyday office wear inspiration that's easy to emulate.
Follow Janise on Instagram: @mamainheels
7. Ashley - Sed BonaFor me personally, Ashley's wardrobe is to-die-for - I'd be as happy as a pig in [blank] choosing what to wear for the office from her wardrobe every day. She has a talent for monochromatic looks and feminine pieces with a lot of skirts and dresses in stunning fabrics and gorgeous colours. Plus, if you want to know how to accessorise your workwear outfits to make them 10 times more stylish, look no further than Ashley's beautiful OOTDs.
Follow Ashley on Instagram: @mushroomstew
8. Ro - Twenty Eight ViaIf you work in a creative environment or your dress code is very casual, then Ro's blog is a great go-to for relaxed workwear inspiration. She's great at layering and putting together interesting combinations - she's not afraid to wear contrasting textures or subtle patterns. In a nutshell I'd describe her style as "artistic comfortable cool", a style that (almost) makes me want to work in an office again.
Follow Ro on Instagram: @twentyeightvia
9. Krystal - This Time TomorrowLast but not least: Krystal, who's been blogging since the early days. I've included her as you may not have thought to go to her blog for workwear inspiration. She leans towards the creative, but with a lot of midi skirts and tailored trousers her wardrobe would be ideal for offices with relaxed dress codes.
Follow Krystal on Instagram: @krystal_bick
P.S. LOOKING FOR MORE FEATURES LIKE THIS? WHY NOT TAKE A LOOK AT MY OFFICE CHIC PINTEREST BOARD, OR CHECK OUT THE REST OF MY FEATURED FASHION BLOGGERS SERIES!
Linking up to: Style Stories, iwillwearwhatilike, Visible Monday, Shoe and Tell, Let It Shine, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Turning Heads Tuesday, Trend Spin Link-Up, What I Wore Wednesday, Brilliant Blog Posts, Throwback Thursday, My Refined Style, Passion for Fashion Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites, Fun Fashion Friday