When women's online fashion retailer Kaleidoscope asked me to host a competition by creating a style board that you - my lovely readers - get to complete, I couldn't resist... who passes up the chance to play interactive dress up?
This competition couldn't be simpler to enter: simply take a look at the 'Autumn Shopping Days' style board I've created with three fabulous pieces from the range at Kaleidoscope, and choose what fourth item under £75 would complete the look. After a couple of weeks I'll choose the four best suggestions and post these in four completed style boards - and everyone gets to vote for the winner.
And here's the best bit: the overall winner wins the entire outfit - all four pieces!
This is only open to UK residents (but if you know someone with a UK address you can have the items sent there) - have a look at the style board I've created for your Autumn Shopping Day below, and then go to the Kaleidoscope website and pick out one item for £75 or less:
I've chosen three casual items with some great features for everyday wear that are smart enough to take you out for lunch or shopping on a cooler autumn day. A sweater (that looks like a poncho) with a fabulous stripe has more than a touch of the 70s about it, and the slightly higher rise jeans with a looser ankle fit than true skinnies are very flattering. And as for the bag: Patent? Burgundy? Yes, please!
So, what item would you choose to complete the outfit? Remember the theme is "Autumn Shopping Days".
Here's a summary of how the competition works and what you need to do:
- Check you're a UK resident or will be able to give me a UK delivery address. Yes? Good... carry on!
- Leave a comment on this post suggesting the ideal missing item – what piece for £75 or under do you think completes the look?
- Be sure to leave your first name, your email address and a URL to the item in the comment.
- You have until 5pm GMT on Tuesday 29th October to do this, after which comments will be disabled.
- I will choose the four best products/answers from within this post’s comments and create four completed style boards, each featuring a different item which I feel best complete the look.
- I shall post the second part of the competition two weeks from today, where everyone has the chance to vote for which of the four boards they feel works the best.
- The style board with the most votes after two weeks wins, and the reader who chose the winning item receives all four products from within the winning style board!
- The winner will be contacted via email.
Please note if more than one person chooses an item that I consider one of the four best suggestions, only the first person to suggest it will be a finalist. Best check to see if someone else has suggested the item you like - so get your comment in as soon as you can!
Thanks for entering and good luck! Remember - in your comment leave:
Your first name - Your email - The product URL
(I'll have to disqualify any without this info, and I don't want to have to do that. Also any entries with an item over £75 will also be disqualified I'm afraid. Boo.)
P.S. Yes, that is me in the first photo as a paper doll. No, that's not my body. And yes, I have Photoshopped myself a bit. A Lot. Quite a lot, in fact. I am a paper doll, after all.
Kaleidoscope have compensated me to host this competition. All content is original and opinions are my own, however, and 100% honest.