Whilst compiling this post I've realised that I've done florals with a flag before... see my American flag and floral jacket outfit here - though that one was a slightly more obvious flag motif. Half way through the day when I was wearing this (after the penny dropped about the colours I was wearing), I walked back into the office and said to the girls I'm dressed like the Italian flag...! To which they agreed ;)
Jacket: La Redoute similar, Tanks: Topshop / La Redoute, Skirt: River Island similar, Wedges: ASOS, Clutch: Forever 21 similar splurge or same, available only in jade green, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters, Watch: Fossil, Bracelets: H&M / Debenhams / ASOS, Green apple ring: ASOS, Nails: Barry M Matt White NP66
I'm really pleased to say that I have been given my second blog award - huge thanks to the lovely Rachel the Hat for awarding this to me! What's extra nice is that it's the Sunshine Award which means my blog brightens Rachel's day... how lovely is that :)))
The amazing co-incidence about this award is that I picked Rachel (via random.org) as the winner of my giveaway just minutes before she tweeted she'd given me the award... spooky!
So I have to answer ten questions about myself (be warned I'm rubbish at coming up with just one answer for anything) and then pass on the award to five other bloggers who brighten my day, so here goes:
1) Favourite colour: I really don’t have just one! But I love coral, mint green, cerulean blue, teal, golden yellow... anything bright in other words.
2) Favourite number: Is it 19?*
3) Favourite animal: Giraffes, I LOVE them! More because if I had to choose to be any animal it would be a giraffe - you get to live in hot weather, you have lovely long eyelashes and a beautiful pelt and you don’t get hunted (that much).
4) Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Fave cold drink - chocolate milk. Fave hot drink – hot chocolate. Do you see a trend there?
5) Facebook or Twitter: Neither really, even though I’m on both. I only have them for my blog, not for any kind of personal stuff. I told you I can’t make just one choice for any of these questions…!
6) What is my passion: Astronomy, theatre, fashion, art, Audrey Hepburn, travel, photography, music, cinema... I’m into a
LOT of things.
7) Receiving or giving: I know it’s a cliché but giving!! I get so excited giving presents to other people, especially to Mr. Summers (he’s so easy to buy for).
8) Favourite pattern: Polkadots, stripes, and gingham – all together. With florals.
9) Favourite day of the week: any day that begins with the letter “S”.
10) Favourite flowers: Peonies (even before I realised they were uber fashionable, in fact I bought some just yesterday). But my favourite wild flower would be bluebells… a big carpet of them in a wood. Gorgeous.
*private joke... sorry ;)
*private joke... sorry ;)
And as far as the five bloggers who brighten my day are concerned, I would happily pick more, but I've broken the rules (if there are any?) and picked six to whom I didn't pass an award last time - those I think deserve lots of recognition!
A Southern Drawl Grace is a darling, and she looks just as chic either dressed up in gorgeous blouses and jewellery or dressed down in denim cutoffs.
Lella Victoria Where do I begin? Daniella is uber-stylish and has a designer wardrobe to die for - and she lives down the road [motorway] from me! :)
Love, Blair If you want to see the queen of the manicure, look no further than Blair's blog. She also does hip, bohemian chic brilliantly.
My Thrifty Closet Another queen - this time thrifting: Mongs creates and refashions the most amazing thrifted outfits ever. She has such creativity and I'm always amazed at the ideas she comes up with.
Porcelain Complexion Julia is as serenely beautiful as her blog name suggests; she wears the most perfect colours for her fair skin, looks stunning and is always in skirts and dresses.
Postgradchic Just knowing Shermineh lives in my favourite city - San Francisco - makes me smile. I love to check out her latest looks which are effortlessly cool but so wearable.
Hope everyone has a great weekend - and to all Brits: yay it's a barbeque weekend at last!!!!!!!!!!
Linking up to:
Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style